2011年7月27日星期三

e13ctron s4 aluminum case for iphone 4 Full Review

The performance is always the big concern when it comes to these aluminum cases. I've tested this case pretty hard for the past two days in this regard, making calls/using data/using GPS over about a 40 mile stretch in rural Georgia, and I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the minimal effect this case has on reception. Throughout all my testing, this case will reduce reception at most 5-7dB anywhere I've been. Again, that's a maximum reduction, quite often it was less than that. At work I typically hover around -81dB, with this case on it's -87dB. Yes, this is a reduction, but unless you're already in a very, very low reception area, it shouldn't knock you down by more than "one bar" of signal. I could make calls and use data with the phone all the way down to -120dB (this same area will test out at around -115dB with no case installed). I've gotten to where I keep my phone showing dB reading instead of "bars", as the dB reading is more useful to me anyway.

As far as data rate is concerned, I see absolutely no change in my data speeds with the case on as opposed to no case. I average around 2500kbps download/1.4kbps upload speeds (no case) at work and home, and even with the reduced dB readings I get these same results through SpeedTest. So I see no change here.

e13ctron s4 aluminum case for iphone 4 feature:

CNC machined from a block of 6061 T6 aluminum and weighing less than 20 grams.
The e13ctron s4 aluminum case is fully suspended around the iPhone 4's antenna.
Two piece design having a front and back cover held together by six stainless steel screws.
Available in many colors and color combinations to suit your look, style, and mood.
e13ctron S4 aluminum case fit the AT&T (CDMA) iPhone 4.





All in all, I like this case for an all aluminum case. It has a great finish, the color (gold) matches what I was wanting exactly, and the attachment system is the best I've seen at isolating the phone from the antenna. It's also more or less a symmetrical design which I prefer, as opposed to the non-symmetrical "Vapor-design". You don't have to worry about any padding (like in the Vapor) compressing over time, or coming loose, or not being uniform around the interior of the case. These precision cut inserts will put the phone in the center of the case every time, and would be very easy to replace if you ever damaged or lost one. Yes, it does cut signal slightly, but at least in my area, it's not enough to hinder the phone's operation. I'll definitely say this is one of the top two all aluminum cases I've tried (I've tried the Vapor, Exovault, Fusionwerkz Raw 0 and C, and Alumacase). From what I've seen, if you're wanting an all aluminum case, this is definitely a good choice.

The only negatives I'd give this case is the price, it is a little too high, but now you can find a better place to buy it with cheaper price, that is case2case.net, $49.99 free shipping.

没有评论:

发表评论